Building Tomorrow, an international social-profit organization galvanizing communities to support thriving schools in underserved areas throughout Uganda is seeking a highly motivated, values-aligned Talent Manager. In this position, you have the opportunity to be a part of recruiting and liaising with a dynamic team delivering exciting, life-changing education programs. You will play a pivotal role in organizing hiring processes, maintaining Building Tomorrow’s unique culture and working across departments to support over 150 members of the organization’s team.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow improves access to child-friendly, community-supported schools by providing an inclusive, transformative education for underserved children. Through our Thriving Schools program, we deploy Building Tomorrow Fellows, the change agents who recruit and train Community Education Volunteers, together bringing out-of-school children into the classroom while working with school leadership to ensure access to an inclusive, transformative school environment. We also work hand-in-hand with local communities, the Ministry of Finance, and the Ministry of Education to construct new primary schools where no formal primary school exists. To date, with a full-time staff of 105, Building Tomorrow has enrolled over 55,000 out-of-school children and reaches over 101,000 students daily. Building Tomorrow has received funding and recognition for its innovative work from the Clinton Global Initiative, Educate A Child, Mastercard Foundation, Echoing Green, the Segal Family Foundation, and Forbes Magazine. More information can be found online at: www.buildingtomorrow.org.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
Manage organization hiring processes
- Serving as the process lead on all Building Tomorrow Uganda hiring committees
- Helping internal teams identify the need for and requirements of additional staff/roles
- Working with hiring committees to prepare clear, exciting position descriptions
- Guiding applicants to Building Tomorrow positions through a seamless hiring process
- Ensuring all candidates are treated fairly per organization policies and procedures
- Managing interview scheduling and logistics for all parties
- Communicating with candidates, references and other stakeholders as necessary
- Reviewing policies and procedures governing HR processes on an annual basis
Grow Building Tomorrow’s unique culture
- Brainstorming and leading events aimed at culture building within the organization
- Organizing the performance management system implemented by Building Tomorrow Uganda
- Leading special projects as assigned by country office management
Support the day-to-day needs of Building Tomorrow employees
- Coordinating Building Tomorrow Uganda’s onboarding process for new employees
- Supporting the enrollment of employees in organization offered benefits (insurance, etc.)
- Serving as point person for employee questions
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce quality written products tailored to various audiences
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a team-oriented mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly motivated and ability to self-start, as well as see through projects from beginning to end
- Professional demeanor and willingness to engage with partners through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A curiosity in the world around him/her
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with online applicant tracking systems (Breezy) a plus.
- A desire to invest in people, relationships and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a bias In human resource management.
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF…
- You have an unshakeable passion for education equality, believing access to an inclusive, quality education is a basic human right.
- You possess creative ingenuity, being progressive in your thinking and approaching challenges old and new. You are intrapreneurial and unafraid to pilot new ideas.
- You are relentlessly determined. You refuse to accept the status quo and persistently strive to create new opportunities to reach more children, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
- You believe in collaborative engagement. You believe more can be achieved together than alone, believe in the power of cultivating relationships and see everyone as an equal partner.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is at Managerial Level, based in Kampala and position holder reports to the Director of Operatoons.
Building Tomorrow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.